Weight Management Advice
XL-S Calorie Reducer FAQ Questions
- 1.How do I decide if XL-S Calorie Reducer is suitable for me?
XL-S Calorie Reducer is for the reduction of weight and maintenance of bodyweight. It is up to each individual to decide whether they want to maintain their current weight or reduce their weight.
The intended purpose of XL-S Calorie Reducer it three fold:
- binding of nutritional fat in order to support the treatment of obesity as part of a fat reducing diet
- maintenance of bodyweight in a fat controlled diet
- reduction of cholesterol intake from food
- should be used in conjunction with a healthy balanced diet and exercise
- 2.How does XL-S Calorie Reducer work?
XL-S Calorie Reducer works by binding itself to fat molecules, so that they cannot be absorbed by the body but are instead excreted in a natural way. By this method the absorption of fat and cholesterol is reduced.
XL-S Calorie Reducer is for weight reduction within a fat reducing diet:
Take 1 or 2 tablets twice per day taken immediately before a main meal.
XL-S Calorie Reducer is for weight maintenance within a fat controlled diet:
Take 1 or 2 tablets once per day taken immediately before a main meal.
The active substance contained in XL-S Calorie Reducer is dissolved very quickly in the stomach; therefore the tablets should be taken immediately before meals.
XL-S Calorie Reducer should preferably be taken with two of three main meals. During the third main meal, special emphasis should be placed on fat soluble vitamins A, D, E, K as well as essential fatty acids. XL-S Calorie Reducer should be used in conjunction with a healthy balanced diet and exercise.
- 3.Are the ingredients of XL-S Calorie Reducer natural?
Chitosan, is the active ingredient within XL-S Calorie Reducer. This natural fibre is produced from shellfish.
- 4.Can I take XL-S Calorie Reducer for an extended period?
Please consult your doctor before deciding to take XL-S Calorie Reducer for a long period of time.
- 5.Does Chitosan work on all the fat in the food I eat?
1 XL-S Calorie Reducer Tablet contains 750mg of chitosan. This has a maximum calculative fat binding capacity of 74g of fat (corresponding to 668kcal).
- 6.If I double the dosage will I achieve faster results?
It is not advised to take more than the recommended amount as indicated on the pack/leaflet. Doubling the daily dose will not provide better or faster results but it may aggravate constipation.
Note: It is important that during the third main meal special emphasis should be placed on the consumption of the fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E and K as well as essential fatty acids, in order to satisfy the daily demand of these fat accompanying components.
- 7.Is gluten contained in XL-S Calorie Reducer ?
XL-S Calorie Reducer does not contain gluten.
- 8.Can I take different slimming products in conjunction with XL-S Calorie Reducer?
No it is not advisable. If in doubt, please consult your doctor.
- 9.I have diabetes, can I take XL-S Calorie Reducer?
XL-S Calorie Reducer can be taken by a person who has diabetes. It is suitable for diabetic patients as there is no BE calculation. In case of doubt, please consult your doctor.
- 10.I take other medication, can I take XL-S Calorie Reducer too?
If you are taking other medication, do not take XL-S Calorie Reducer within 4 hours of taking fat-soluble vitamins, essential fatty acids or medicines e.g. contraceptive pill. In case of doubt, please consult your doctor.
- 11.XL-S Calorie Reducer is suitable for people from what age?
- XL-S Calorie Reducer should not be taken by persons who are underweight (Body Mass Index of less than 18.5).
- XL-S Calorie Reducer should not be taken by children and adolescents without prior consultation with a doctor.
- XL-S Calorie Reducer is not suitable for infants and young children.
- 12.For whom is XL-S Calorie Reducer not recommended?
- 1. XL-S Calorie Reducer must not be taken if you suffer from inflammatory diseases of the gastrointestinal tract (e.g. reflux esophagitis, gastritis, Ulcera ventriculi et duodeni, Crohn’s Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, diverticulitis), indications of an ileus (threatening or existing mechanic or paralytic ileus), gastroparesis in diabetic patients with neuropathy, intestinal adenoids and serious gastrointestinal complaints (constipation).
- 2. XL-S Calorie Reducer should not be taken in case of a known allergy to shellfish.
- 3. XL-S Calorie Reducer should not be taken during pregnancy or by mothers who are breastfeeding, as the development of the unborn and the nutrition of the infant with breast milk require an optimal nutritional supply.
- 4. XL-S Calorie Reducer should not be taken by children and adolescents without prior consultation with a doctor.
- 5. XL-S Calorie Reducer is not suitable for infants and young children.
- 6. XL-S Calorie Reducer should not be taken by persons who are underweight (Body Mass Index BMI less than 18.5)
Please read the contraindications and the instructions for use on the information leaflet enclosed, before use.
- 13.Are there any other adverse reactions, I should be aware of?
- After intake of XL-S Calorie Reducer a transient feeling of pressure and fullness may occur in the stomach which normally diminishes after a short period of time.
- In case of insufficient intake of liquid constipation may occur.
- In isolated cases complaints may occur from people with a sensitive stomach or bowel. If these complaints persist for more than 2 days, or if other adverse reactions are observed, reduce the amount of intake, or stop taking the tablets.
- Taking more than the recommended dosage of XL-S Calorie Reducer provides no extra benefits, but it may aggravate constipation.
- 14.Do I require a prescription to take XL-S Calorie Reducer?
XL-S Calorie Reducer is not a licensed medicine or supervised sale so does not require a prescription. It is a Class 3 Medical Device and can be purchased over the counter at your local pharmacy. Please ask your pharmacist for advice.
- 15.Where can I purchase XL-S Calorie Reducer?
XL-S Calorie Reducer available at larger Boots, Morrisons, and Tesco stores and pharmacies
- 16.If I have a question, who do I contact?
For all questions about XL-S Calorie Reducer, please email :